· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web_Links
· Your Account

Survey

How long have you been involved with ISO and related standards?

It's totally new to me
Less than 6 months
6 - 12 months
1 - 2 years
2 - 5 years
More than 5 years

Kết quả
Tất cả cuộc thăm dò

Số phiếu 5185

Who's Online

Hiện tại có 46 khách và 3 thành viên đang online.

Bạn là khách. Bạn có thể đăng kí bằng cách nhấn vào đây

Languages

Chọn ngôn ngữ dao diện:

Sources and Resources

RESOURCES:
ISO 17799 Toolkit
ISO 9000 Manual
ISO 14000 Kit

SOURCES (VIA BSI):
ISO 17799 / ISO 27001
ISO 9000
ISO 14000

ISO Quality: Forums

QualityForums.Com :: View topic - What AQL Level should I use?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

What AQL Level should I use?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    QualityForums.Com Forum Index -> Any Other Standard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul46410

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: What AQL Level should I use? Reply with quote

This is our customers requirement: Vendor shall perform pull test on crimped connectors per IPC/WHMA-A-620, Class 2. Pull test AQL shall be consistent with good manufacturing practices.

Also I have never done a pull test on crimped pins. If the manufacturer states 8LBF do I only pull to 8LBF, or do I pull until it breaks ?

Thanks for your input!
View users profile
Tman

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went through my PDF version of IPC/WHMA-A-620. I couldn't find anywhere in that standard where it covers testing the crimps.

I think you will probably have to refer to IPC-TM-650 Test Methods Manual. I don't have a copy of that document to confirm, though.

You might want to call IPC at (847) 615-7100. One of their applications people can probably guide you as to which document you should purchase to inform you on how to comply with your customer's requirements.

I'm assuming from their reference to "good manufacturing practices" that your customer is a provider of medical devices and subject to the FDA's cGMPs. In that case, they're going to concede to IPC's requirements in this application. The specification of IPC Class 2 indicates that these wirings are NOT going into devices that are life critical or implanted into the human body such as pacemakers.

You're probably going to find that you need to have a pull tester that has a range from a minimum of zero or near zero to a maximum of say, 15 or 25 lbs with a computer interface so that you can record your samples in an SPC program. Don't use a tester with a range of up to several hundred lbs, because it will have less resolution at its low end and you will lose your accuracy.
View users profile
swfcowls

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: IPC/WHMA-A-620 Reply with quote

Is there any chance you could send me a copy of the IPC/WHMA-A-620 pdf file ? I know it's being cheeky, but the bosses don't want to pay out for another copy, having lost the first one ( previous QA person ).

I'm also looking for 610 and 650 if you know anyone who has a copy in electronic form.

Any help appreciated.
icon_biggrin.gif
View users profile Visit posters website
Tman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have pdf versions of IPC-A-600, IPC-A-610, IPC/WHMA-A-620, and J-STD-001 along with ISO9001:2008 and other standards, but they were purchased by and licensed to me. I'm sorry, but releasing copies of them would be illegal.

Requesting unauthorized copies of copyrighted, patented, or licensed documents or software on this forum is a very bad idea. Discussion of releasing or receiving such copies is disreputable for this website forum as well. If your organization purchased pdf copies of IPC standards and lost them, they might try contacting IPC at the phone number above. IPC would have records of the sales and might send replacement copies of the same revision at little or no cost.

I have developed a powerful paperless Quality Management System that facilitates full compliance and certification to ISO9001:2008. I have also developed a system I call The ISO Navigator that allows people who are unfamiliar with ISO9001:2008 to immediately find all relevant sections of The Standard to any topic in which they are interested. It also allows them to click to a side by side color coded comparison between the 2008 and 2000 versions. Both of these systems have ISO9001 woven through them. The Quality Management System can have the IPC standards above embedded in it.

Of course, I would not allow anyone to purchase either system from me without signing a copyright agreement. If I found that anyone released a copy of my system(s) without my permission, I would pursue them with all legal rights available to me. I would also have to make sure that ISO (and IPC if applicable) was paid for their copy of The Standard in each system sold or I expect ISO and IPC would pursue me in similar fashion.
View users profile
swfcowls

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject: ISO Standards Reply with quote

I totally agree with what you have said and stand by the same ideas myself. I'll give Dynamix a call, as they provided the IPC documentation in the first place and hopefully they will be able to check the records for us.

Thank you for the constructive comment. For your information, I too have a ISO certified system and created my own web based system, although I believe in the open licence stance.

Sorry to offended you.
View users profile Visit posters website
Tman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't offend me at all. I too apologize if I replied too strongly. It's easy to seem that way on a discussion forum.

I sincerely hope you are able to regain the standards your organization has already paid for at no additional cost.

I would like to hear a little about the system you created if you would like to talk about it.

-T-
View users profile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    QualityForums.Com Forum Index -> Any Other Standard All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: